Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sorry I missed it

So many things were going on last weekend while I was tied up with a yard sale. The sale went well by the way and all the neighbors on my block who got involved made a few bucks by the end of Sunday.

But, for the record, if I could have cloned myself, I would also have made the scene at:
Adopt a Wetland Clean Up at Golden Shore Marine Reserve July 18

Home Garden and Green Expo July 18 and 19 (although the name includes "Green" it looked more home and garden-y from the website info)

Tour de France conclusion on the big screen at the Art Theater on July 19 (with valet bike parking)

Wrigley Area Neighborhood Aliance LA River Walk along the Willow Estuary at Deforest Avenue south of Willow Street at the bike path on July 19 (it cost $10 but it was part of the Friends of the Los Angeles River project)

Bird Walk in Gum Grove Park at 8 am on July 19 off PCH near Orange County Line (another piece in the Los Cerritos Wetlands puzzle)

Talk by Russ Roca, the eco friendly bicycling photographer, on planning a bicycle touring adventure at {open} bookstore on July 18

Acoustic Tidal Artwalk at Colorado Lagoon from 5 to 10 pm with music, artists, food and those irrepressible bike valets (actually, I would have gone to this if I had heard about it in time)

No comments: