Monday, July 13, 2009

more Volunteering portals


Halfway into the year and it finally dawns on me that this blog is little more than a glorified favorites lists. Well, so be it. What do you want for nothing? In the spirit of that realization, I'm posting two more great websites with volunteer openings. I previously listed VolunteerMatch and L.A. Works.


The Obama administration has designated June 11 to September 11 as United We Serve and has also designed a site to encourage volunteers called Serve.gov. There's a ton of stuff in Monterey Park, but not too many convenient to Long Beach. Maybe I could volunteer to post some local listings. Create the Good is a site created by AARP to inspire older Americans to lend a hand. There's a support group and lots of stories about the good that volunteers can do, but I only came up with four volunteer opportunities in California. I'll check again. Maybe it just an off day.

No comments: