Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Can Dream, Can't I?

Ahh, summer's here and my feet are itching to wander. Since I have no visible means of income at the moment, my thoughts stray to Home Exchange, where you can join for as little at $50 and set up a home swap between you and some other bold vagabonds who want to forego the cost of lodging and car rentals and possibly augment their vacation with the comforts of home. There's also HomeAway, where property owners, usually homes or condos, rent their places for rates below the average hotel (no bed taxes). There's also a new one out there called Fractional Exchange for trading vacation homes, condos, fractional homes (is this different from a timeshare?) and residence club shares. In case you haven't heard of fractional homes (I hadn't until two days ago) the ownership is shared by a small, set number of people whereas timeshares are often owned by a larger corporation and include lots of redtape to buy sell. Redweek lists timeshares for sale, rent or exchange. With all these choices, it starts to become work just taking a vacation.

No comments: