Friday, July 24, 2009

Health Care Reform: Maybe We Should All Just Die




As much as I endorse a day at the beach for everyone, I was VERY sorry to hear that the esteemed members of Congress are happily packing their sunblock and flippers even as we speak without taking action on health care reform. People are dying without the aid of medical care and these so-called leaders are going on vacation. I am writing yet another letter to Dana Rohrabacher that no one in his office will read. When are we going to vote this bloated bond-holder out of office?




Here's my letter and his address. Write him, call him, email him. Let him know that people care about his carefully choreographed tip-toe routine concealing his determination to let the leaches in the pharmaceutical and insurance industries continue to make millions on Americans' illnesses.




Representative Dana Rohrabacher
101 Main Street, Suite 380
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

To the Honorable Mr. Rohrabacher:

After reviewing the statement on your website regarding your opinions about the need for expanding access to high quality health care, I was glad to see your note at the end of your statement that you have not endorsed any proposal.

You have stated that you are reaching out to all sides to achieve affordable, accessible, doctor-patient-centered health care, so I urge you to seriously consider HR 3200 America’s Affordable Health Choices Act. I strongly endorse it and so do my family, friends, and, yes, even my doctors in Long Beach. As our representative, I hope you will vote in our interest rather than waste time devising a new bill that perpetuates the stranglehold of the pharmaceutical and insurance conglomerates.

Elements I particularly like about the bill are:

--Essential benefits package created by an independent committee

--Caps on an individual’s annual out-of-pocket medical expenses

--Simplification of paperwork for patients and businesses

Please be a leader in the GOP and work with the existing bill. Please provide much-needed access to health care for your constituents in Long Beach.

No comments: