Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fabulous Prefab

Ever since my sister bought a roomy, open space prefab home a couple of years ago, I've been itching to find a plot of land somewhere and setting up a brand new house to call my own. For my own convenience, here's some prefab manufacturers. Flatpak has a couple of "scrapbooks" on Flickr showing boxy homes with loads of windows. Michelle Kaufmann emphasizes green construction and offers 2-story and attached multi-residence units. Modern Cabana offers freestanding (presumably without plumbing or electricity) rooms for guest houses or home offices (be still my heart) for about $18,000 and a "new studio" with kitchen and bath for $67,000. The Office of Mobile Design, headed by Jennifer Siegal, has a lot of prefab home developments in California, including Desert Hot Springs, Encinitas, Joshua Tree, Manhattan Beach, Venice, Pacific Palisades, and Santa Monica. Rocio Romero is based in Missouri, but does have models in California

No comments: