Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cool New Writing Website


I got an email back from Rose Writers and it looks like I'll be signing up for the June 23. I get more details next week. In the meantime, I'm using a cool website based on the book First Draft in 30 Days, which is more like creating a super detailed outline than an actual manuscript. I need a lot of security, though, so I think it will be a great way to give my plot a kickstart and get me back to writing.


Anyway, this website shows how Karen Wiesner uses her outline technique from character sketches to plot lines to detailed scene modules to methodically expand on her ideas and form them into a fluid, dynamic novel. Given my tortoise slow writing habits, I've given myself two months instead of one to go through all the steps. But believe me, if come mid-August, I have a completely worked out plot, I'll be doing somersaults.

No comments: