Monday, March 23, 2009

Run, Don't Walk! Front Page News!

Hurry and get the latest issue (March 17-30) of the Long Beach Business Journal. My article and a photo of me looking uncharacteristically perky appear on the front page. Yes! My story about walking and biking around the city was selected for the series the LBBJ is running called “Imagine Long Beach.” The headline is “A Healthy City Where People Leave Their Cars at Home.” Unfortunately, the story isn't available online, but the paper is a giveaway at many Long Beach locations, including the libraries.

I’ve heard from several avid bikers and gotten lots of news about Long Beach’s Bicycle Master Plan and the Bike Festival scheduled for April 4 and 5 (more on that later). How great to put your ideas out there and find out that others were waiting for them to be said. Uh oh, got to go. Time for me to WALK to work. So don’t just sit there. Take steps yourself.

No comments: