Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Not To Mention My Day Job


Granted it’s only part-time, but my hours have been bumped up recently—only for March and April. I had this dream gig last year. Come to think, the extra hours may have been why I stopped writing the blog. Uh oh! I’m writing shorter posts now, so hopefully I’ll power through until April 15 when this assignment is over.

The assignment, in case you wondered is reviewing master’s theses for formatting errors. Most people run in horror when they think back on writing term papers with footnotes and references. I’m just the opposite. I adore those periods and colons and et als. My inner nerd wriggles with delight nitpicking about a straight or a smart apostrophe, and don’t even get me started about block quotes.

You may not be envious of my work routine, but you’d kill for the view from the office I work in. Again, the picture doesn’t do justice to the wide angle view of the mountains and the campus. (Hey, it’s my crappy blog, so I get to post my crappy photos. I’m not sure if the president of the university has nearly as gorgeous a view. I better enjoy it while it lasts. The memo came out this week that the budget must be cut and temporary workers will be the first to go. Anyone out there need a proofreader? Will work for semicolons.

No comments: