Friday, January 9, 2009

How Did I Not Know This? (An Ongoing Series)


I’ve shuffled around this sleepy old town since back when Piggy’s Place was the hotspot of Pacific Avenue, and I guess I’ve gotten used to Long Beach being the geeky kid sister just south of La La Land. But zip me up and get out my dancing shoes! Long Beach has a sexy new (to me at least) calendar – Limelight Long Beach.

I’ve only browsed it a few minutes and I’ve already discovered many juicy tidbits. You can get into the Aquarium of the Pacific for free on Friday nights! Smooth’s Sport Grille (what’se withe thee e?) has entirely too many TVs! Wine tastings! Seriously, there’s a great assortment of arts, business, sports, and nightlife events with an eye-popping neon on black design.

Hopefully, it will expand to include all the farmer’s market in this fair city and keep on top of one-of-a-kind events like the tall ships anchored in our harbor right this very moment. Quibbles aside, this sight is a treasure trove of things to do (large and small) and makes the case that Long Beach is a happening place.

No comments: