Friday, May 22, 2009

Red and Yellow and Aqua All Over


Yes! Aqua season starts tomorrow! The Aqua Bus – Long Beach Transit’s red, yellow, and purple 68-foot catamaran begins daily cruises from Alamitos Bay Landing to the Queen Mary and Shoreline Village from 11 am to 6 on weekdays and as late as 10:40 pm on weekends now through September 12th.

The sporty little craft holds as many as 75 people and the trip costs $5. A bit steep, I admit, but it’s such a great way to beat the heat on a hot summer day, and you’d have to pay more than that for parking at most downtown parking lots. It’s an adventure I used to love to share with my sons, and a great romantic date. I’ve heard rumors that someday it will stop at Veteran’s Pier, conveniently located near Belmont Brewing Company, my favorite place to quaff a few of a summer’s evening.

No comments: