Sunday, May 24, 2009

Avast, Maties! The Sea Festival!

I’m happy to hear the Long Beach Sea Festival has toned down its emphasis on hotties in bikinis romping around volleyball nets this year. Don’t worry, there’ll still be plenty of girl-on-sand action, but most events focus more on free or low-cost family entertainment.

The schedule runs from June 25 to September 13. Alas, I will be out of town on the weekend of August 15, when hopeless dreamers like me build concoct their wildest fantasies on foundations of sand during the Great Sand Castle Contest. I will be on hand for the Dragon Boat Races at the Marine Stadium on August 1 and 2. With any luck, I’ll also be able to make The Taste of the Coast on August 2 and the Capture the Wind Kite Festival on August 7 as well as a few of the movies on the beach.

The official site is still under construction, but Alfredo’s Beach Club has a snappy display with information on all the big events.

No comments: