Monday, February 1, 2010

January Wrap Up and a look ahead

Woohoo! I made my my goal of biking or walking to work or shopping twice AND biking or walking twice for pleasure. In fact, I more than made my goal of walking for pleasure, taking walks twice a week instead of twice a month. I've also been successful in keeping up with houswork, including cleaning and sorting the medicine cabinets. (Okay, I only got to that last night after supper, but I DID it.) And I combined walking with another goal of going to church at least once a month. The four of us hoofed it the whole 8 mile round trip and rewarded ourselves with a lunch at Park Pantry.

Speaking of walking, the family has a tentative plan of climbing Mount Whitney this August, assuming we get passes through the lottery. I've come across a great description of the hike with tips and warnings that may help me visualize my way to success. I also need some camping time, maybe out to Anza Borrega to see the wildflowers. Things to do include desert hikes to a slot canyon or a palm oasis or PCT oak trees. And a nice meal in Borrego Springs to ease back into civilization

No comments: