Tuesday, December 1, 2009

77 Million FREE Paintings--The bargain continues

Finally made it to the University Art Museum to experience Brian Eno's 77 Million Paintings and much to my delight I discovered that admission is free for the run of the exhibition which ends December 13. I was engrossed and immersed in the installation, but I at the same time I can understand that it's not from everyone. My companions commented that they felt dizzy and even head-achy after watching the ever-changing images. The colors are very vivid and the transitions of colors are almost imperceptable at times, which may explain the unpleasant after-effects. I came out of it with a peaceful feeling kind of like after a meditation session. The ambiant sound accentuated the trance like state. I thought I was going to see a lot of pretty pictures, but I came away with the experience of witnessing tangible change, transition, metamorphosis.

No comments: