Thursday, April 2, 2009

Back to Work, Watch Your Back!


I filled in for someone at my regular job. See above for the wide open spaces where me and my coworkers roam. Does it ever get to you working in a pod farm? By "it," I mean the lack of privacy, the noise level, the sterility, crushing sameness of it all. After being away for a few weeks, it occurred to me that one of my biggest headaches is that people are working (and even worse, horsing around) behind my back.


Think about it, eons of fight or flight instinct is being contradicted here. Depending on where you sit, you could be turning your back on over half of you workplace. It's positively un-American not to face things head on, or is it just me?


So, happily, I'll be back in a traditional office situation tomorrow and for the next three weeks--my desk, my pens, my tissue box, my drawer to stuff all my do-overs in. Oops! Well, I haven't filled up the whole drawer yet. After all, I have appearances to keep up--pride of semi-ownership.

No comments: