Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Times (and Places) are A-Changing


Owww! I have a serious case of writer’s cramp, but thankfully not writer’s block! My assignment for my novel writing class this week was to write the first chapter! Gulp!

Anyway, I was at it for most of the weekend, and therefore no blogs. This one’s just an update type piece. First, BikeStation, that little gem of eco-friendly community service in the heart of Downtown Long Beach has moved. Don’t worry, it just relocated in a new facility across the street, but I’m looking forward to checking out the new features, maybe even later today. I’m not the only one that’s gaw gaw about the place. Check out the rave reviews on Yelp.

Even better news is that Belmont Shore’s Chocolate Festival has been postponed to February 21, and I don’t work that day! So get there early (it’s from1 to 4 p.m.) because I already have my tickets. The District Weekly had an interesting article this week on Courtney Dudman Donley, the owner of C Salt Gourmet. Her chocolaty concoctions sound absolutely scrumptious—pistachio cherry, OMG. She’ll be offering her treats at the Chocolate Festival in front of Fingerprints, where I plan to begin my tactical incursion. See you there!

No comments: