Friday, February 6, 2009

Good Day for ducks!


Despite the rain, I headed down to Bay Shore Library for the talk about the history of East Long Beach. It turned out to be more of a reminiscence of Belmont Shore and particularly Second Street. Dr. Gatley had lots of hand outs and slides, which made it worth the trip. He recommended the exhibit on architects at the Historical Society of Long Beach. I got a photo of the spectacular view from Bayshore Library of which I spoke.


On my way home, I actually saw ducks crossing at the duck crossing at Colorado Lagoon. I tried to take a picture from the car but the flash went off and reflected back from the windshield. I did get a photo of the Christmas trees that are still floating in the lagoon. Maybe we should just keep them up year-round and put other seasonal decorations on them. The birds seem to like to perch on them.

No comments: