Monday, February 2, 2009

Looking Forward, Looking Back


This week has a lot to offer. Tops on my list is the Belmont Shore Chocolate Festival from 1 to 4 this Saturday. For ten bucks you can wander up and down Second Street with all the other chocoholics and sample tasty morsels all the way from Sweet Jill’s to CafĂ© La Strada. Alas, I have to work this Saturday, so have an extra hot fudge brownie for me!

I will be able to stop by the e-waste dropout at Kettering School this Saturday. It’s from 9 to 3 at 550 Silvera, and you can bring all household electronics such as TVs, computers, monitors, printers, DVD players and batteries for proper disposal.

If my schedule doesn’t change, I hope to make it to Break at the Bay at Bayshore Branch Library on Friday, February 6, at 12:30. This month, Dr. Lionel Gatley, former president of the Historical Society of Long Beach, will talk about the history of East Long Beach. The library’s located at 195 Bay Shore Avenue where parking’s tighter than a tick, so come early and enjoy the spectacular view of Alamitos Bay from the library’s reading room or snag a free cookie in the auditorium.

I reached a milestone of note, having posted more messages this month than I did for the whole year of 2008. Wish me luck for the coming months and send chocolate!

No comments: