Monday, May 24, 2010

Removing that Elephant from the Living Room

Oh nooooo! The TV just died. Even worse, it's this gargantuanSamsung that requires a Sumo wrestler to lift. Salvation Army only picks up TVs that work. Goodwill's website says the same. Hold everything! There's e-waste pickup for free! I've got an e-request to AllGreenRecycling. There are several other companies that will pick up items for free, but they seem to focus on businesses and schools and require at least 5 items for free pickup. The city of Long Beach will pick up TVs as part of a semi-annual oversize item collection, but they note that a fee might be charged if special handling is required. Oh boy, special handling doesn't even begin to describe this bad boy. Oh well, if I have to pay I have to pay. I'll call them Wednesday, 570-2876, if I don't hear from AllGreenRecycling.

No comments: