Sunday, March 16, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere, As Long as It's Monday, Thursday or Saturday






Just a short blog this week to remind you that Long Beach is serious about its water restrictions. Check it out! They’ve even got a “Report a Water Waster” form on their website.

I got so scared I wrote the word water on my calendar on all the legal watering days from now through December, which put a serious dent in my blogging time. Writing water over and over like that I was suddenly guilt-stricken by the awareness that I was also washing clothes washing dishes and planning a long soak in the tub. I did not feel guilty about my 8-ounce glass of water though. I am proud, proud, proud of my water drinking habit.

Anyway, some of the key points to remember besides the designated watering days is that you should water before 9 AM or after 4 PM are:





  • Use a special pressurized cleaning device to clean sidewalks and patios


  • Use sprinklers from 10 to 15 minutes.


  • Be sure your sprinklers operate efficiently and don't overflow into the street.


  • If you use a hose to wash your car, attach a water shut-off nozzle.




These are all fairly easy and common sense practices, and here’s the Long Beach City Ordinance if you’re a detail freak. Remember, the water you save may be your own.

No comments: